Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon
Dr Shruti Jayachandra is an Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon with sub-specialist training in Facial Plastics and Reconstructive surgery.
Originally from Melbourne, Dr Jayachandra graduated from medical school at the Australian National University in 2010. Following this, she completed a Master of Surgery (ORL) from the University of Sydney. She also holds a Bachelor of Biomedical Science from Monash University.
After completing a five year specialist surgical training program in NSW, she qualified as an ENT surgeon with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2019. She subsequently undertook advanced fellowship training in Facial Plastics and Reconstructive surgery at The University of Virginia, in Charlottesville, USA in 2021.
Dr Jayachandra welcomes all general adult and paediatric ENT referrals including tonsillitis, sleep apnoea, glue ear and hearing loss, blocked nose and sinusitis. She also has a special interest in managing facial nerve weakness and facial paralysis.
- Ear: hearing loss, eustachian tube dysfunction and ruptured ear drum
- Nose: sinusitis, allergy, nosebleeds, nose fracture, nasal obstruction and nasal valve collapse
- Throat: reflux, voice changes, snoring and sleep apnoea, tonsillitis
- Paediatric ENT: glue ear and otitis media, tonsils and adenoids, ear deformities & neonatal ear moulding
- Facial Plastics: functional rhinoplasty, facial nerve paralysis, select skin lesions, skin cancer surgery and reconstruction, medical Botox