Dr John Frew is a fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists and a globally recognized researcher in the field of Hidradenitis Suppurativa. He completed his medical degree (with Honours) from the University of New South Wales in 2009, followed by a Masters of Medicine in clinical epidemiology from the University of Sydney in 2011 followed by completion of his dermatology specialist training in 2016.
Dr Frew recently completed a highly competitive post-doctoral fellowship at the prestigious Rockefeller University in New York City between 2018-2020 (under the guidance of Professor James Krueger) identifying immunological pathways and novel therapies for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
Dr Frew currently holds a staff specialist position at Liverpool Hospital and is a conjoint lecturer at the University of New South Wales supervising dermatology trainees and postgraduate research students.
Dr Frew is an active Dermatological researcher and internationally recognized leader in the field of Hidradenitis Suppurativa / Acne Inversa as well as the current president of the Asia-Pacific Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation (APHiS). He has over 100 peer-reviewed publications and has contributed to numerous international Dermatology and Immunology textbooks. He has been invited to deliver lectures at the American Academy of Dermatology as well as prestigious medical schools including Weill Cornell Medical School in New York City.
Dr. Frew’s Research Output:
Dr Frew is a member of the following Organisations:
- President: Asia-Pacific Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation (APHiS)
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatology (FACD)
- Australasian Society of Dermatologic Research (ASDR)
- Society of Investigative Dermatology (SID)
- European Society for Dermatological Research (ESDR)
- European Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation (EHSF)
- Associate Member of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)