If you have recently returned from Overseas and/or are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms, we would ask that you isolate yourself by way of a home quarantine. Even though you may not have any symptoms, you may be a carrier and may be contagious for up to 14 days.
If at any time you develop a fever, a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath within 14 days of travel or have had contact with a person with confirmed coronavirus, you should immediately isolate yourself from other people. Contact your GP or your emergency department or call the Health Direct helpline on 1800 022 222 and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
If you have an appointment with us, and are experiencing any symptoms or believe you may have been in close contact with the virus, please contact us and we will provide further advice.
What Measures Are we Taking in Response to COVID-19
- Daily monitoring of all staff including twice daily temperature checks. If any staff are feeling unwell or have a fever they are sent home immediately
- Increased cleaning of all clinical and high touch areas
- Provision of hand sanitiser across increased areas of the practice
- Encouraging all payments to be made via credit card
- Re-designing our waiting room to ensure adequate space between patients
- Encouraging the use of tele-health for patients where appropriate
What Can Patients do when coming to the practice and help reduce transmission rates of COVID-19
- Practice social distancing. Please click this link for more information – link image attached
- Ensure that you use hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the practice and when you leave
- Please be honest and direct with our reception team and medical staff. If you do have cold and fly symptoms and/or have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient please do not come to the practice and instead call us for advise
We are working hard to ensure that all of out staff, providers and patients are still able to be provided with safe, appropriate and high quality care during this challenging time.