Clinical Research Benefits
Holdsworth House clinical research aim to be involved in cutting edge research. In doing so, we are able to provide new treatment options not just for HIV, but other conditions also. The unit will continue to expand in the areas of sexual health research, and studies of other medical conditions.
Benefits to Patients
- Patients are offered a wider range of treatment options
- Patients have earlier access to treatments which are not available to the public, or at other practices
- Patients can participate in studies in a personalised primary care atmosphere, rather than at a separate research facility
- Obtaining the clinical research medicine at no cost, at least during the study
- Receiving extensive medical care associated with the clinical research study
- Contributing to the development of future life-saving or life-enhancing treatments
Please discuss participation in clinical research studies with your doctor to see how you can benefit.
Benefits to the Practice
- Holdsworth House doctors gain greater experience in research studies and treatments
- The doctors further develop their skills in the latest treatments
- The doctors remain up to date with the latest scientific discoveries, new therapies and medical advances
Benefits to the Community
- Increased public awareness about health problems, and the clinical research studies encourage people to seek treatment.
- They consolidate Australia's international reputation as being involved in new scientific discoveries.
- They provide Australia with direct access to the latest developments in clinical research.